Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Joy of Blogging

It is the last day of November and my last post of the month. I began this blog just over 3 weeks ago on November 7th. I love the new dimension that it has added to my life. Now as I am pondering a subject during my daily activities, I think, "I want to blog about that!". I now have a dedicated blog notebook where I jot down ideas. I have read that the only really "successful" blogs are those that focus, focus, focus their content. My notebook reveals anything but focus. But their definition of success (a huge following and advertising income) is not the same as mine.


I have realized that it is fruitless to attempt to write unless I am alone in the house. There are 3 mornings a week when this is the case; Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. I've always looked forward to and thoroughly enjoyed my alone time but now I especially cherish sitting down to create a post. It focuses my mind in an almost meditation-like way. I feel that the writing is literally waking up my brain and I have lately been feeling more of a mind-body balance than I have felt for a while. That is success enough for me!


On the backside of the blog where I am currently typing my post before it is published there are tabs where you can change the settings and design of the user interface. There is also a tab for statistical data about your blog's activity.  I admit to being fascinated by this. It shows how many pageviews your blog has in a day and you can view this data as a graph over a week, month, or year. It also has a map showing where your clicks are coming from across the globe. My blog has been opened from Russia a surprising number of times. I have no idea what that is about. The next highest number of views come from Germany. Fascinating! 


Below is a list of ideas for future posts from my notebook. I appreciate all the interest and support from friends and family thus far. Hopefully you will continue to check back periodically to see what I'm up to.
  • The Meadery
  • Solar Oven (next summer)
  • S.A.D.
  • Kindergarten Story
  • So Many Food Loving Farm Girls
  • Words
  • Caught Between Worlds
  • The Gift of Food
  • Stephan Way Chardonnay
  • Precious Nutmeat
  • When You Realize Your Kids Were Listening
  • Sweet Potato Dip
  • Children's Cultural References
  • Locavore
  • Cauliflower Soup
  • Sushi! 
  • African Groundnut Stew (Thx Candace)
  • Nigel Slater's Tender (Thx Don and Renee)

0 comments:

Post a Comment